Newton Parks, Recreation and Culture
Skip to nav
Ski and Snowboard Program at Nashoba Valley
Join Newton Parks and Recreation for our 6 week Ski and Snowboard Program at Nashoba Valley Ski Area on Powers Rd in Westford, MA.
Drop off and pick up is at the Albemarle Field House, 250 Albemarle Rd, Newton, MA 02460.
The 2024 Program will run on Fridays from January 5 - February 9. Dates cancelled because of weather will be made up at the end of the session.
Please note that Nashoba Valley is NOT offering group snowboard lessons on Friday nights, only ski lessons.
Registration for the 2024 season will open on Thursday October 19th at 7:00 pm
There will be a rental equipment pre-fit in Newton on Friday December 1st from 5:30 - 6:30 pm for families that are registered and interested in renting equipment from Nashoba Valley.
Additional Forms and Files:
2024 Ski and Snowboard Program
- Children in grades 5 - 9 can sign up for our Friday evening program. Coach bus transportation is provided from the Albemarle Field House in Newton. Lesson options are available for beginner and intermediate skiers. Please note that group snowboard lessons are not being offered on Friday nights. Beginner snowboarders can register for private lessons through Nashoba Valley. Participants that are intermediate level or above may sign up for the lift only option.
- Participants will need to bring their own equipment or rent equipment for this program. Rentals are available through Nashoba Valley for $200.00 (paid at the time of rental fitting), or you can get seasonal rentals from somewhere else. Rentals through Nashoba Valley stay at Nashoba Valley and are only available during our Friday program.
- Waivers and additional paperwork are required for this program and an email will be sent with a link to the online forms after children are registered.
- Registration for the 2024 season will open on Thursday October 19th at 7:00 pm. This program tends to fill quickly so please log into your account in advance to make sure no updates are needed. If you have trouble accessing your account please contact Channon Ames at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617-796-1529.
- Please review the Ski Program Information under the forms section before registering. There is a $50.00 non refundable deposit included as part of this registration. People who cancel before November 17th will receive a refund minus the non refundable deposit. Cancellations after November 17th will only be refunded (minus the non refundable deposit) if we can fill the space.